Welcome to the Island. This is not your typical vacation getaway, rather an escape of our very own. If you are brave enough to stay awhile, grab a beach chair and enjoy. The natives are mostly all smiles with the occasional uprising. The food is plentiful but not very exotic. You may need to duck if and when one of our young natives starts throwing spears or other sharp objects. The Island Chief and Medicine Woman work those issues out when they arise. Welcome...oh and watch out for the many island pets. um... there are a bunch...



Sunday, October 3, 2010

Blog kick-off

I have created this blog with the hopes that I can stay on top of this and memorialize the weekly highlights of our household.  At this point I have absolutely no idea if this is something can and will be able to do.  But, my aspirations are high and I hope this will be a modern-day scrapbook for me. 

So what is going on right now...

LJ is very busy in thew final stages of coordinating a competition for work.  He is spending lots of extra hours outside of work spear-heading this very large project.  I look very forward to the last half of October once this competition is over and I get my husband back.  I am however very proud of all his hard work and dedication to this event.  He is such a hard worker that goes over and above what is expected of him.  :-)


K-Dog has just finished his first month of 2nd grade and doing wonderful!  He is bringing home great grades every week and has scored 100's on almost all his spelling tests so far!  He loves his teacher (so do I) and enjoys his class (especially since 2 of his football teammates are in the class with him, one of which is one of his best friends!).  He is in his first season of tackle football and doing great.  He plays several positions but stays on the field for most of the game working hard and hitting like an NFL player!  To sum it up...its football season...football, football, football!!!


G-Money is in first grade and, as usual, is doing great.  He is in the Gifted and Talented Program this year and doesn't even notice he is doing alot more work than others and more advanced curriculum.  He just rolls along enjoying life and school.  His teacher (whom I also adore) says he behaves wonderfully in class and is a leader.  He loves to run and race others.  God has blessed this little boy with speed and he uses it!  He is in the early season of his Flag Football season and will be playing on that team (The Steelers) until late January.  He is working on getting the training wheels off his bike.  Yes, he still has that little obstacle to conquer. 


B-Hungry should be in Pre-Kindergarten, but he did so well the last couple years in preschool that he is in Private Kindergarten this year (even though he is not old enough to attend public school Kindergarten).  We were a little worried that it might be a little hard for him, considering the class is on an advanced curriculum, but he is doing great.  Big relief for mom and dad.  We are sure this year will give him a head start next year in public school kindergarten.  He has stated he does not want to play football yet, rather he wants to be a referee.  I have a funny feeling he will never be a follower.  This guy is changing ever day and is becoming a little boy.  His baby face is slowly fading away and the realization that my babies are turning into "boys" is hitting me hard.  Its a little sad but fun and exciting at the same time.


And me, well right now I am busy getting back to the hustle and bustle of the school year.  I miss summer and the easy kid schedules!  I now understand why we have summers... so moms can have a break from waking up at 5:30, kids up at 6:30, get them dressed, fed, teeth brushed, hair combed, break up arguments, finish last minute school work and sign all school papers for teachers, pack lunches and backpacks, feed dogs, cats and birds, get boys to two different schools and then put on my "Work Hat".  Did I mention I miss summer?

Well, right now we are in the middle of youth tackle football season.  I did not realize when we signed up K-dog for tackle that it would take up all our spare time for 5 months straight.  There is SO much involved that I had no clue about.  Crazy volunteer hours, lots of extra costs and emails and twitters coming out my ears.  I, however, have drank the kool-aid and am loving every minute of it.  I am an assistant team mom for the team and love to be at every practice and game cheering my boy on and helping out the all the extra stuff that has to get done.  On Saturday mornings you will see me with a custom team shirt with K-dogs name on the back, wearing beads around my neck and a picture button on my shirt. (oh, and a team hat).  I have the whole family wearing Orange and Black to cheer on our awesome Bengals Team!  While LJ is getting K-dog into uniform, I sneak out into the garage to paint up the windows of the truck and put up our truck flags and a big Bengals magnet on the hood!  We call the truck our Bengal-mobile on Saturdays!  Yes, we are over the top and I promise to seek counseling.  Whats even scarier is that the whole dang team does this stuff.  I am by far not the worst.  In the stands we have big signs and banners, noise makers and organized chants and cheers.  There are cheerleaders, announcers and music blaring throughout the stadiums.  Its a blast!  So yeah, its football season and I have no life outside of "The Bengals".... GO BENGALS! (sorry, I couldn't help myself)

Well, there you have it...a snapshot of whats happening now.  I will try to keep future posts a little shorter, but hopefully this is a good start.  Wish me luck.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome!!! I love it. You have made a good start my friend. I love the beach pic of the boys...so cute!!

    ReplyDelete