So because it is still the holiday season and I can't stop being thankful for the family the Lord has blessed me with, I thought I would walk down Memory Lane and look at our Christmas family pictures through the years. Actually, I have a new external hard drive that I have been busy putting all my pictures on that have been stored all over my stinking house in every form possible. The cool thing about compiling all my pictures together is I get to look at all the pictures of my boys taken during the last 8 years.
As you will see below, I started 8 years ago with Lonnie, baby Kason and myself all wearing the same color for our picture. So each year after I kinda stuck with that idea and coordinated us somehow. For those who know me well you are saying, of course you did! That's so Victoria of you! Truth be told, I grew up in a broken family and I never experienced things like family pictures for yearly traditions with my parents. So my poor husband and kids get a big spoonful of my yearning for family and traditions. They humor me well and go along with my antics. I love those guys!! :-)
So as I have previously posted, here is the 2010 picture. I did not put us in matching colors (after therapy) but I just had to at least have a theme. (baby steps) The boys asked for this theme so I went along with it. We are a walking advertisement for under armor.
This is the 2009 picture. Though Lonnie and I are in the same color, if you look closely, the boys have different color shirts (under their matching pull-overs...) Again, baby steps.
Here is 2008. Yes, all matching. I was unwilling to go to therapy at this point. Marshall the dalmatian was not in the 2008 picture and we got lots of grief, so he showed back up for 2009 & 2010. What you would probably never notice (but drives me nuts) is that "Daddy" got the boys dressed that year and accidentally switched the shirts on Kason & Gannon. I know...OCD...I know
Here is 2007. This was my formal stage and I begged Lonnie to wear a tie. (poor man) Marshall the dalmatian made his grand entrance into the family that year. I was feeling green that year. um...the boys will not be fond of this one when they are in High School I'm sure. Sorry boys, humor me....you know I love you!...
2006 was our first year in our current house next to the lake. I recall this being an extraordinarily difficult year to get those boys to cooperate. And have you noticed that when my green eyed hubby gets outside without sunglasses he turns into an Asian man.
2005 was our last year in our old house. Baron was only 6 weeks old in this picture and he was not in the mood AT ALL. You can't really tell, but Baron was screaming his head off during this picture so we photo shopped his head from another picture. I swore I would never tell but that story is just too funny to keep to ourselves.
This is the 2004 picture. Now THAT was a crazy year with two little guys ages 1 and 2. wow...gotta love my hair in this one!
2003 was pretty funny. Gannon was like 2 weeks old, Kason was 1 year old and I was huge and PALE! But my boys looked so cute! Remind me not to wear white again when I have avoided sunlight for 2 years!
2002 was our 1st family picture. Kason was 4 months old and so stinking cute! I however was wearing an awesome pair of high waisted jeans and my face was...lets just say..."fluffy". Lonnie is Asian again. memories...
I hardly remember what it was like to have just one baby. I'm sure we were fussing about how hard and busy it was...oh silly rookie parents! We had NO CLUE at that point what craziness lay ahead. Ignorance was bliss!
Hope you enjoyed that little trip.






Love it!! We first met y'all in 2006 so it's fun to see the earlier pictures!!!! LOL!!! Love y'all!!!
ReplyDelete