Our Easter was much like previous years. A beautiful morning full of Praise and Worship at church, lunch with family and an egg hunt in the yard. The weather was wonderful and the boys had a great time. As everyone knows (and teases me often about) I dressed my boys alike on special days such as Easter for many years. I would get so excited while searching for the perfect matching shirts for that oh-so-special day (ie photo opportunity!). But alas, those days of matchy-matchy are gone. I had to practically bribe the boys this year to wear NON-MATCHING collared shirts! I still have my memories and photos of course....
SO here are a few shots of the full speed egg hunt. Baron was smart enough to go in the fort and find a good stash of eggs up there.
Kason getting a little help from Sadie with eggs. The dogs had a much fun as the kids!
Gannon mastering a run-and-scoop technique.
Two monkeys showing off some eggs.
My precious Kason is getting his dads sense of humor. He came down the stairs with this old clip-on tie half clipped to his "collared shirt" and said, "Here ya go Mom, I dressed up for ya"
The cousins after the great egg hunt of 2011! I am raising such polite and calm young men. Other mothers may have crazy children that never give a nice calm smile and tend to make every photo into some corny MTV photo shoot.... But NOT my boys! So sweet....Gang signs you say??....oh no... you see, they are also fluent in sign language and they are telling me how much they love me...in every picture.
Oh, and this would be the cake I let them decorate this year. In previous years, my OCD self would meticulously decorate the bunny cake for Easter Sunday. This year, the boys are older you see. Mature enough to handle the decorating of said cake. um...please don't have nightmares. The slightly evil looking bunny was actually very tasty. Scary looking...but tasty nonetheless.
And no Easter afternoon is complete without some sort of odd redneck competition. Here, you see, Uncle Wes won the "Fluffy Bunny" competition. Whoever can stuff ALL their Marshmallow Peeps into their mouth and still say "Fluffy Bunny" wins...he won.
I hope your Easter was a good one too!

No comments:
Post a Comment